New Zealand bound



So am about to embark on a 3week trip to New Zealand. Less than 12 hours until my flight leaves Dublin. Can't wait...

Our flights takes us via LHR, LAX and AKL and we will eventually arrive in Christchurch late Sunday evening Irish time (about 9am monday new zealand time). We're flying Aer Lingus (sans Ryanair-styling) to London and then Air New Zealand the rest of the way. Hopefully Ryanair haven't taken over by thr time we get back!!

I fly Aer Lingus a lot so I'm used to the no thrills but respectful service at this stage (perfect for short trips). I haven't flown with Air New Zealand before but by all accounts they seem to fairly ok. They have an on-demand entertainment system which will hopefully keep me entertained for the longhaul flights (2 x 12hrs i believe). I have my laptop filled to the brim of CD music if it doesn't work out though... :)

I'm going to miss every bit of this weekend's sports action including the international football and the penultimate race of the F1 calendar. Hopefully I can find a replay/highlights once I arrive or resort to a torrent or something...

So checklist...

tickets... yes.
ipod... yes.
taxi booked? yes.
passport? crap... where did i put it...

;)

Comments

Donal said…
I found this pretty neat feature on www.fboweb.com which allows to track US flights (mostly) in real time in Google Earth. nice!

Info here:
http://www.fboweb.com/fb40/pu/info/gep.aspx

My flight is ANZ1 if you want to track it. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Want to export all *your* facebook data? you now can...

Writing valid/standard code